10 Things to Know Before Choosing Porcelain Veneers
1. Porcelain veneers are an excellent choice to improve your smile. They are thin covers that are custom-made to fit on the tooth and cover imperfections.
2. Modern dentistry offers many restorative options for changing the appearance of your smile. If you have cracks or gaps in your smile, you may want to consider the advantages of porcelain veneers. A great smile makes a person look and feel their best. Smiling can boost your immune system.
3. Porcelain veneers cover a variety of dental imperfections and issues.
Discolored teeth. Veneers can cover stained teeth that won’t respond to whitening treatments.
Damaged teeth. Veneers can also correct the appearance of chipped or broken teeth.
Gaps. Spaces between your teeth can quickly be closed using veneers.
Crooked teeth. If your teeth are not severely crooked, you can use masks to give the appearance of a perfectly straight smile.
4. In some cases covering the tooth to change its look is the only way you can cosmetically improve the aesthetics. For example, you do not necessarily need veneers if you have gaps between your teeth. You can potentially do orthodontic treatments such as braces or Invisalign. But if you have genetically stained or small teeth, then there is no other way to change the look than to cover the original tooth.
5. Some think veneers are only for front teeth, but this is not true! While the most common placement of veneers is on the upper front teeth, they are often placed on premolars and lower front teeth to provide a complete smile enhancement. The total number of surfaces you need will depend on your unique smile and how many of your teeth show when you smile.
6. With technological advances, porcelain veneers are now more affordable than you think. They are no longer only available for the rich and famous.
7. What is the main benefit of porcelain veneers? They look natural! Veneers fix multiple cosmetic dental issues, such as the color, shape, and size of your natural teeth, make them look more aligned, or close the gaps between teeth.
8. Porcelain veneers are durable and stain resistant. They are considered the best as they last the longest, compared with composite veneers made from a slightly cheaper material.
9. Veneers are less invasive treatments to achieve a naturally beautiful smile. They require only a minimum restructuring of the tooth. Some porcelain veneers can be placed in a “no preparation” way.
10. Veneers have been known to last for over 30 years if installed correctly and you take good care of them. Your veneers will feel like natural teeth, and you shall care for them the same way you should care for your natural teeth. Floss every night, and brush with a soft toothbrush. Don’t forget to see a dental professional for a routine examination every six months.
Are you wondering if dental veneers are suitable for you and would work on your teeth?